When you are due to move out of a rented property in Bournemouth, it’s important to prepare for the end of the tenancy inspection to avoid any penalties or disputes with your landlord. Here are some steps to help you prepare for the inspection:
1. Review your tenancy agreement: Check your tenancy agreement to make sure you understand your responsibilities when it comes to leaving the property.
2. Clean the property: Make sure the property is clean, including all carpets, flooring, and surfaces. Don’t forget to clean the kitchen appliances, especially the oven, and the bathroom.
3. Repair any damage: Repair any damage you have caused during your tenancy, such as holes in the walls, scratches or marks.
4. Clear out your belongings: Make sure you remove all of your belongings and leave the property as empty as possible.
5. Check the inventory: Review the inventory and make sure all items are present and in the same condition as when you moved in.
6. Check the utilities: Take meter readings and ensure that all utilities have been paid up until the end of your tenancy.
7. Be present during the inspection: Make sure you are present during the inspection to answer any questions the landlord may have.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your end of tenancy inspection goes smoothly and that you receive your full deposit back without any fuss. If you are a Bournemouth Landlord or Tenant and you would like more advice about cleaning. Please do get in touch.