Tenant Fees from the 1st of June 2019 (Inclusive of VAT)
Holding Fee - One Weeks Rent
This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any
guarantor(s) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Right to-Rent check, provide materially significant false or
misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or Deed of Guarantee) within
15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
Five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
Lost Key(s) or other Security Devices
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results
in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred
there will be a charge of £15 per hour for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
Variation of Contract (Tenant’s Request )
£50 per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as
the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Change of sharer (Tenants Request)
£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs
associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit
registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Early Termination (Tenant Request)
Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting
the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These
costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
Early Termination (Tenant Request Continued)
If the tenant wishes to end this Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement within the fixed term, not with standing at any agreed break clause at the start of the tenancy, then he must agree the following:
• Seek permission to end the tenancy agreement early in writing, which may be withheld for any reason by the landlord or agent, by sending an email to:- firstname.lastname@example.org
• If the landlord and agent agree to the early termination, which can be withheld for any legal reason. The tenant will agree to pay the landlords and agents reasonable costs to include.
• Vacate the property and return all the keys at least four working days before the new tenant is due to move in.
• A remarketing fee of £200 to cover the agents costs in advertising the property. Payable in advance.
• A replacement tenancy agreement @ £90
• The reasonable costs in referencing replacement tenants @ £50 per tenant
• A pro rata portion of the landlords set up and Finder fee (If still within the original fixed term).
• A pro rata portion of the inventory fee ( If still within the original fixed term).